I made this recipe accidentally the other day, when I realized I had blended too many strawberries and didn’t want them to go to waste. It was a hot, hot day so popsicles sounded like the perfect fix, and they were!
Most ice-cream style popsicle recipes are incredibly simple. Blended fruit, mixed with a creamy base (like yogurt, kefir, or in our case, coconut milk), some sweetener and you’re done.
- 500 ml of strawberries- this measurement is after they are blended up. I would guess that this was about 1 lb of strawberries- just keep adding more to the blender until you hit about the 500 ml mark.
- 1/3 cup coconut milk (organic/BPA-free can is best)
- 1/4 cup raw [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B4IGS3U/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00B4IGS3U&linkCode=as2&tag=keeofthehom-20&linkId=XPDGYNKG3C7XTIKB” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]honey[/url] (or to taste)
- Blend up all ingredients.
- Pour into popsicle mold of choice, wait a few very long and impatient hours, and then indulge!
To us, these tasted almost like strawberry coconut ice cream on a stick. They had a very creamy taste and consistency. Very delicious and perfect for those who are dairy free!
What is your favorite type of simple, summer popsicles to make?