Part of what makes Keeper of the Home so great, for me, is the community we have! So I want to invite people to both guest post AND share their stories.
What’s the difference between a guest post and sharing your story?
When you share your story, you’re telling our community about your journey to natural living, whatever that entails, as much or as little as you’d like. You have the freedom to focus however you would like. For more information about that and to submit your story, please see our Share Your Story page.
A guest post is more official and it involves more work. You may be (but don’t have to be) a writer or a contributor in other places as well. If you want to guest post, this is the page you want to be on.
Guest posts should cover one of these topics:
- Keeping the Home
- Natural Living/Healthy Living
- Real Food (including recipes)
Your post should not be an advertisement for your product or the equivalent of a sponsored post. If you wish to advertise with us, then please contact us about that <<LINK
- Your post must be original content and not previously published either on the web or in print.
- You agree not to publish it anywhere else, including your own blog or website. You may, however, post a brief “tease” or summary on your site that links to the post.
- You may provide up the following byline links: one for your blog or website, one for your bio or About page, and one each for any of the following social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.
- Your post should be at least 500 words long and no more than 1500 words.
- We will copyedit your post for grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc. In the event that we make major changes, we’ll email the post back to you for your approval.
- Ann will provide a short introduction or conclusion to your post to give it context on the site.
We appreciate the effort that you spend to write a blog post. However, writing and submitting a post to us does not obligate us to publish it. We reserve the right to publish only guest posts from those that we solely judge to add value to our readers.
Also, if we do not approve your guest post, we will not explain why or provide any detail about that.
If your post meets the above guidelines:
- Please complete the form below and submit it. Due to the volume we receive, it may be 2-3 weeks before we are able to respond.
- Please include a one to two-sentence byline that includes what you do, along with your blog address and your Twitter and/or Facebook address.
- Please include the size of your readership: number of blog readers, Facebook friends or fans, and Twitter followers.
- Please confirm that you are willing to engage with my readers in the comments about your post. This is hugely important and a non-negotiable. My readers have come to expect this.
- If we reject your post, you are obviously free to do whatever you want with it, including publishing it elsewhere.