Thank you all for your kind words and your prayers! I put out a tweet on Thursday saying that my husband had been released from the hospital Wednesday evening, but there simply hasn’t been time for a blog post until now and I’m sure many of you have been waiting for an update.

Ryan is doing much better, though the health issue remains and no diagnosis was made or treatment given. We are pursuing his health further through alternative methods only, since conventional medicine does not seem to have anything to offer us in this regard. The doctors do not know what is wrong and claim that there is really nothing wrong, since they can’t diagnosis it through their standard medical tests. We beg to differ, as there is most certainly something physically wrong that is not going away! However, we have much peace about it as we continue to trust God for His healing and grace in this situation, and we are just asking Him for direction and guidance as we pursue more natural avenues for understanding what is wrong and how to treat it. This is our usual inclination in times of illness anyways, but we felt this had gotten to a point of seriousness where we were willing to give conventional medicine a try. Well, at least we gave it a try, right? Back to looking at it from a wholistic point of view!

Our lives have continued to be a bit hectic since Ryan’s return home from the hospital. Ryan’s father’s wife, whom I mentioned was in a battle with brain cancer, went home to be with the Lord on Wednesday afternoon. We spent Thursday morning searching for a flight, then the afternoon driving Ryan to the Sea-Tac airport so that he can go be with his father and attend the funeral in Florida. The children and myself are staying with my parents-in-law in Seattle until Monday afternoon, when we will pick Ryan up and head back home to Canada.

We are all doing well in general. Abbie and I had the flu for several days, and the timing was difficult with all else that was going on, but God was faithful to sustain us and allow me to get done all that needed to be done. Thankfully the littlest ones didn’t catch the flu from us. I am enjoying a few days of being able to rest a bit more, under the care of my wonderful mother-in-law, as I regain my physical strength and energy from all that has happened in the past couple weeks. I look forward to being home and back to blogging early next week, but for now, my focus is on recuperation and providing stability for my kids.

Again, thank you for your kindness and prayers! What a blessed woman I am! :)