Written by Brandy Ferguson, Contributing Writer
This bread is perfect any time of year, but I especially love to make it in the fall. Slightly crunchy on the outside, and super moist on the inside, it’s a favorite in our family.
I like that there is just enough spice in this bread to not overpower that great pumpkin flavor. So delicious!
- 4 cups whole-wheat flour or sprouted grain flour
- 1 teaspoon [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WS1KHM/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B000WS1KHM&linkCode=as2&tag=keeofthehom-20&linkId=KJ7NJE2DNJAL2RYP” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]cinnamon[/url]
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000SWTKV0/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B000SWTKV0&linkCode=as2&tag=keeofthehom-20&linkId=2NFTZ4CEKPYPWTQW” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]salt[/url]
- 1 can (15 ounce) pumpkin
- 2 cups packed Sucanat or Rapadura sugar
- 1 cup apple juice
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup melted, unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002UN7PI/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B0002UN7PI&linkCode=as2&tag=keeofthehom-20&linkId=WZCQP46WP3RRMDD6″ target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]vanilla extract[/url]
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Combine dry ingredients in large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In separate bowl (I used my mixer bowl), mix pumpkin, brown sugar, apple juice, eggs, butter and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture a bit at a time, just until blended.
- Add walnuts and stir.
- Bake in two 9x5x3 loaf pans on 350 for 45 to 60 minutes or until done.
- Cool in pans for a few minutes, then turn out onto plate.