For the past two days, I’ve had a song stuck in my head…
Movin’ to the country, I’m gonna eat a lot of peaches (oranges)
Peaches come from a can they were put there by a man
In a factory downtown
If I had my little way I’d eat peaches everyday
What can I say? I went to public high school in the 90’s!
Our amazing tenant surprised us by walking upstairs the other day with an entire box of oranges (thanks D)!
We’re not particularly orange-eating people (although my husband and daughter could live off of mandarin oranges at Christmas time), so I’ve been trying to come up with creative ways to make good use of them all.
Here are my ideas so far:
- fresh orange juice with our juicer and freezing a few litres of it in old milk jugs
- orange marmalade
- orange-raspberry muffins
- orange creamsicle smoothies
Any other ideas? What would you do if you had this many oranges???
- 3 peeled oranges, broken into large chunks
- 2 frozen bananas, broken in chunks for easier blending
- Tsp of [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002UN7PI/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B0002UN7PI&linkCode=as2&tag=keeofthehom-20&linkId=WZCQP46WP3RRMDD6″ target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]vanilla[/url]
- 1/2 cup-1 cup of milk, cream or nut milk (it’s incredible with raw cream- wow!)
- [url href=”http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B4IGS3U/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00B4IGS3U&linkCode=as2&tag=keeofthehom-20&linkId=XPDGYNKG3C7XTIKB” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow”]Honey[/url] or Stevia to taste (personally, I think honey is much nicer)
- Chuck everything in the blender, starting with 1/2 cup of milk and the oranges at the bottom. Then add the rest of the ingredients, and blend until smooth. Add more milk as needed, or you can add a bit of water if you like.
We prefer ours fairly thick (like Jamba Juice), and my husband likes it sweet. A very lovely way to drink your oranges, indeed.