Written by Rachel Marie, Contributing Writer
I’m always on the look out for natural alternatives and healthy recipes, and I’m sure you are, too–especially if you read Keeper of the Home frequently.
With all the gluten intolerances, food allergies and reduced sugar guidelines so many readers face today, I’m glad to be able to make quick substitutions like these:
You can also substitute 1 cup sugar with 1 teaspoon of pure powdered stevia. (Not truvia or another similar brand; those are equal substitutions and often have fillers in the ingredients but are still much better than artificial sweeteners.)
For this no-bake cookie dough ball recipe, I have used many of the above pictured substitutions. This recipe is a great snack or dessert. Just be sure not to eat them all like bon bons! These would also be great for all of the holiday festivities and parties coming up this season.
I originally got the idea for this recipe on the Food Network site, but I changed a few ingredients and steps and voila. Um…. one word: Delightful. Well, maybe two words: Delightfully delicious!
Delightfully Delicious No-Bake Cookie Dough Balls
What you need:
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 stick of raw or organic butter
- 1 T. homemade or pure vanilla
- 9 ounce bag of chocolate chips
What to do:
- Add dry ingredients into a medium bowl, except chocolate chips.
- Add in wet ingredients and mix well with your hands.
- Pour in half the bag of chocolate chips and mix.
- Make 1 inch balls; set on a lined cookie sheet.
- Freeze balls for about 15+ minutes.
- While balls are in freezer, make chocolate for dipping.
- Stick a kabob into the ball and dip into chocolate; place on cookie sheet.
- Store in container in the fridge or freezer.
- Enjoy a few at a time!
Stephanie’s note: Are you looking for more healthy but scrumptious treats for the holiday season? Smart Sweets and Treat Yourself are my go-to “real food” dessert recipe books (that is, when I’m not mucking around and creating my own recipes. Homemade Salty Caramel Mochas, anyone? Recipe coming later this month… :)