- Keeper of the Home - http://www.keeperofthehome.org -
The Easiest Sourdough Pancakes Ever
Posted By Paula On August 6, 2012 @ 3:00 am In Recipes | Comments Disabled
Guest post written by Paula of Whole Intentions 
Sourdough  is my preference when it comes to preparing grains. If we were to compare the efficiency and health benefits of grain preparation to, let's say speed, I'd say soaking is like riding a bicycle with training wheels, sprouting  is a professional bike racer, and sourdough is akin to a motorcycle.
There are many health reasons to prefer sourdough  over others, and today I'm going to share one of my favorite sourdough recipes. Pancakes.
As I mentioned with my Basic Sourdough Bread  recipe, when I make something with sourdough, I want to use as much sourdough starter  as I can. In this recipe, the entire 'batter' is sourdough starter with a few spices thrown in - and it's AMAZING!
As with everything I cook, I make a large batch to feed the kids' bottomless pits and still have enough to freeze for quick leftovers later, but you can easily halve this recipe if needed.
Sourdough Pancakes (nut-free, yeast-free, sugar-free)
1. Bring your cast iron pans,  griddle, or what have you, to a nice hot temperature. I like it when I can drip water on the pan and it sizzles. Drop some bacon grease, lard, or coconut oil  onto the pan and let it melt.
2. Combine the starter and the eggs first. Depending on how thick this, begin adding yogurt until it comes to the batter consistency your family prefers.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk together. I just use a 1/2 cup measuring cup to pour it onto the griddles, but if you want to be more sophisticated about it, be my guest. ;)
4. Pour batter onto griddle and flip just as edges start to get a dry appearance to them.
5. Pour a little real maple syrup over them, stack them up like the leaning tower of Pisa, or just gobble them up without fanfare - no matter how you eat them, enjoy!
Article printed from Keeper of the Home: http://www.keeperofthehome.org
URL to article: http://www.keeperofthehome.org/2012/08/the-easiest-sourdough-pancakes-ever.html
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://wholeintentions.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Sourdough-Pancakes-1.jpg
 Whole Intentions: http://wholeintentions.com/
 Sourdough: http://www.keeperofthehome.org/2011/04/for-the-love-of-sourdough-starting-a-sourdough-adventure.html
 soaking : http://wholeintentions.com/2011/10/soaking-and-sprouting-grains/
 health reasons to prefer sourdough: http://wholeintentions.com/whole-food/sourdough-basics/
 Basic Sourdough Bread: http://wholeintentions.com/2012/03/basic-sourdough-bread-with-butter/
 sourdough starter: http://wholeintentions.com/2011/10/starting-sourdough-starter/
 homemade yogurt: http://wholeintentions.com/2011/12/easiest-yogurt-on-planet-earth_25/
 Image: http://wholeintentions.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Sourdough-Pancakes-8.jpg
 cast iron pans,: http://www.keeperofthehome.org/2010/11/my-simple-cast-iron-care-routine.html
 coconut oil: http://wholeintentions.com/whole-food/coconut-oil/
 Image: http://wholeintentions.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Sourdough-Pancakes-9.jpg
 Image: http://wholeintentions.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Sourdough-Pancakes-6.jpg
 Image: http://wholeintentions.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Sourdough-Pancakes-5.jpg
 Image: http://wholeintentions.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Sourdough-Pancakes-4.jpg
 Image: http://wholeintentions.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Sourdough-Pancakes-2.jpg
 Image: http://www.mylivesignature.com
Copyright © 2012 Keeper of the Home. All rights reserved.