- Keeper of the Home - http://www.keeperofthehome.org -
Posted By Rachel On May 15, 2012 @ 3:00 am In Recipes | Comments Disabled
My 4 year old son’s favorite fruit is an apple, he literally eats one every day. Apples are easy for snacks  by themselves or even with a dollop of peanut butter.
It never occurred to me to put an apple in a smoothie until recently, so I decided to add 2 ingredients I had never added before into this recipe, an apple and avocado.
Avocados are good for your heart, are a great healthy fat , and are anti-inflammatory so adding these to smoothies are great for you and your kids and now that avocados are in season making them cheaper, it would be a great time to start making this delicious smoothie!
- 1 organic apple, any variety
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1/2 organic apple juice
- 3/4 cup crushed ice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
What to do:
- Core and slice apple, leave skins on if you wish.
- Scoop out half of an avocado with a spoon (and save rest to make some guacamole, which is so simple, just mix with 1/2 cup of salsa ).
- Add all ingredients into a blender until smooth. To add a bit of sweetness add some raw honey.
- Makes 1-3 servings, depending how much you want.
- Enjoy! Your kid’s will never know what they’re drinking is healthy!
Tomorrow by subscribing  to my blog over at day2day joys you will get a free copy of a collaborative smoothie e-cookbook with over 14 recipes. Also, don’t forget to submit your questions to my husband (a wellness physician). I have a newer feature on my blog called “Ask Dr. Jake “, he would be happy to answer any of your health related questions or at least direct your path to some better options.
Article printed from Keeper of the Home: http://www.keeperofthehome.org
URL to article: http://www.keeperofthehome.org/2012/05/applecado-smoothie.html
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.keeperofthehome.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Applecado-Smoothie.jpg
 easy for snacks: http://www.keeperofthehome.org/2012/03/45-real-food-snacks-for-kids.html
 healthy fat: http://www.day2dayjoys.com/2011/05/fat-is-good-for-you.html
 Image: http://www.keeperofthehome.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Applecado-Ingredients.jpg
 salsa: http://www.day2dayjoys.com/2011/11/easy-garlic-salsa.html
 subscribing: http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=day2dayjoys
 day2day joys : http://www.day2dayjoys.com/
 Ask Dr. Jake: http://www.day2dayjoys.com/p/ask-dr-jake.html
Copyright © 2012 Keeper of the Home. All rights reserved.