Announcing my newest eBook… Plan It, Don’t Panic: How to Successfully Create and Use a Meal Plan!
What if you could learn to meal plan in a way that helped you to eat better, while saving you money, time and stress?
After the huge success of the Plan It, Don’t Panic Meal Planning Challenge that I ran on my blog this past fall, I realized that there was a definite desire for women to learn how to meal plan more effectively and to start doing it more consistently, for this very reason.
They wanted to be able to serve more healthful meals, while cutting down on their stress, their time in the kitchen, and their grocery budget costs!
But how do you learn to meal plan effectively?
I have been meal planning on and off for almost 8 years. I’m not sure where I first learned to do it, but I do know that most of what I have read in the past has been very basic and gone a little something like this:
- Figure out some meals your family likes eating
- Make a plan for when you want to cook them
- Buy the ingredients and make those meals
Gee, thanks for that.
Based on the amount of women who joined in the challenge, and by the questions and comments that arose, both on my blog and on the Plan It, Don’t Panic Facebook page, I know that it can be a little more complicated than that.
Some methods work better for some people than for others. Figuring out how to store and organize recipes can be daunting for some. Meal planning can even feel like more work in the beginning, just another thing to add to the to-do list. Perhaps worst of all, without some guidance in how to approach your planning and subsequent grocery shopping, it might not feel like it saves much money, if it saves you anything at all!
So, I Wrote a Book About It…
I wrote the Plan It, Don’t Panic eBook with 3 primary goals in mind, to help you:
- Stop spending too much money and start making the most of every grocery dollar
- Avoid the stress and panic of what to cook each night for dinner
- Serve your family more balanced, healthful meals (rather than resorting to convenience or compromise foods)
Beyond that, I also wanted to dig into some of the more specific and practical aspects of meal planning:
- Find the method of meal planning that will suit you and your family best
- Tweak and perfect your meal planning style with unique tips and strategies
- Make it easier to work around special/restrictive dietary needs
- Become a grocery-shopping ninja and never go to the store without a genius plan in place for maximizing your money
- Learn how leftovers can become your best friends in the kitchen
- As well as how to store your recipes, easily find your favorites, plan for hectic times, and even what to do when you mess up…
Other Goodies I’ve Included in the Book
No book like this would be complete without a wide variety of printable planning pages to help you pull it all together, so by partnering together with List Plan It, I’ve included in the book 11 printable pages, for weekly planning, monthly planning, seasonal planning, grocery shopping, taking freezer and pantry inventories, and even planning a freezer cooking or baking day.
PLUS, I made up 4 weeks of menu plans, full of recipes that my family would (and many that we regularly do) eat. The 4-week plan is included in the book, and gives you access to an online page with links to almost every recipe included in the meal plans.
A Bit of Disclosure
I’ll tell you upfront that I have included some past material that I’ve written both on the blog and in my book, Real Food on a Real Budget. The eBook, however, brings it all together and edited into a coherent package (so that you don’t have to try to search all over my blog and read 18 different posts), and I’ve written plenty of new material as well.
Download Your Own Copy of Plan It, Don’t Panic Today!
You can purchase the book directly from my site, in PDF format, to read on your computer (or print off, if you like). I’ve priced it at only $4.99 because I wanted to make it affordable and accessible to anyone who wants to use meal planning to make it easier to serve their families wholesome food.
I’m also excited to announce that this is my first eBook that I have made available for Kindle eReaders as well.