Image by robyn michelle-lee photography
Can you believe it’s been 2 years already?!?
I can hardly believe that two years have gone by since I first started Keeper of the Home, but this week marks the second anniversary of my first post. To celebrate, my hubby and I have been working on a number of surprises, changes to the site, giveaways throughout the week, etc. as our way of saying a huge “THANK YOU!” to all of you!
Allow me a moment of sappiness… :) Running this blog has been one of the most rewarding things I have ever done. To have the opportunity to share the things that I am passionate about, to connect with incredible like-minded women, to continually be challenged and encouraged to keep learning and growing alongside of you, and to be able to share the glorious good news of what Jesus has done for us. These are the reasons I keep going, even on days or weeks that I feel weary. I am so blessed to be a part of this online community of women, sharing with one another, each of us desiring to be excellent in the roles that God has given us and to see Him glorified through our lives. So thank you, whether you’re a fellow blogger, a faithful reader or you just pop in every now and then. I’m both humbled and appreciative that you come and I look forward to (hopefully) many more years of blogging with and for you!
So what’s new around Keeper of the Home?
- We’ve switched over to WordPress.org. The purpose of this change was more flexibility to add new options and features to the site. We wanted the site to have more potential to grow and develop, and wanted to add more ways to make this a great experience for you, the reader.
- We’ve added CommentLuv, a fantastic feature that helps to bring more traffic to your site each time you comment on my posts. By leaving the url for your site and choosing to enable CommentLuv, your most recent blog post will automatically be found and linked to under your comment, allowing others to head on over and visit you!
- Below each post, you’ll find links to related posts. I’m not yet convinced that I’ve found the plugin that I want to stick with using, but whether it’s this plugin or another one, you will find other posts on similar topics or with related keywords that might be of interest to you.
- I’ve joined Twitter. :) My goal is to use it to share short but sweet bits of relevant and helpful info with you, as well as a way of getting to connect with many of you on a somewhat more personal level.
- We’ve added a store page, powered by Amazon. The store is full of books that I personally own and/or love and think are excellent, as well as other products (kids stuff, kitchen appliances, supplements, etc.) that I recommend that may help you along in your own journey of natural living. When you buy through this store it helps to support Keeper of the Home and makes it possible for me to continue blogging (as well as helps our family as we start our own family business and also to save up for our dream of an international adoption).
- One other BIG addition to the site that I am going to introduce in just a couple of days. It’s an investment into this site that I really hope will further the sense of community that already exists and will serve as a resource for us all. I can’t wait! Stay tuned…
And lastly, we have two new products!
The first is probably familiar to most of you but it’s coming to you in a slightly different way. My darling husband has spent much time this past month converting the files for my ebook, Healthy Homemaking: One Step at a Time and turning it into a genuine, paperback book!!! Karla from Fruition Designs extended the cover that she so beautifully designed, and now it is an honest-to-goodness, hold-in-your-hands book. It’s hard to believe, but I’ve held the first copy and can I just tell you how exciting that was???
This edition of Healthy Homemaking: One Step at a Time is printed and shipped by Lulu.com, not by us personally, but we’ve tried it out and the finished product is definitely of high quality. I know that ebooks just aren’t for everyone and some people really prefer a tangible book they can hold in their hands, and now it’s available to you! The book will regularly sell for $19.95 but during this Blogiversary week it’s on sale for only $14.95 (plus shipping), a 25% discount.
Cream of the Crop: The Best of 2 Years of Blogging
The second product is another ebook, celebrating the best of the past 2 years of blogging! To compile this book, I dug down deep into my post archives and pulled out what my husband referred to as the “cream of the crop”, my favorite and/or most popular posts. There are 48 posts included, covering a very wide variety of subjects within 6 main categories: Natural and Sustainable Living, Nutrition and Health, Frugality and Money Management, Faith, Mothering and Homemaking, and In the Kitchen.
Cream of the Crop: The Best of 2 Years of Blogging will usually sell for $4.95 but this week it’s also on a 25% discount and will sell for just $3.75!
And now for the giveaways…
We can’t introduce new products to you without giving away a few!
Up for grabs:
5 copies of my new ebook Cream of the Crop: The Best of 2 Years of Blogging
1 paperback copy of Healthy Homemaking: One Step at a Time
How to get entered:
**Please note that in order for each entry to count, you must leave a separate comment telling me what you did**
1) Leave a comment
2) Tweet this giveaway
3) Follow me on Twitter
4) Subscribe to my blog (for first-time subscribers or those who are re-subscribing after my feed was broken last week)
5) Post about this giveaway on your blog, and leave a url with the blog post
Giveaway ends in 2 days, on Wednesday morning at 8:00am!
Thanks for all your entries and sweet comments! This giveaway is now closed!