Seeing as it’s wonderfully warm and sunny outside, this seemed like the perfect weekend post! :)
Lately I’ve been experimenting with making our own blender “mochas”, in an effort to have something really yummy to drink, that isn’t particularly unhealthy and that doesn’t break the bank every time we stop in at Starbucks. It has actually become my ritual afternoon “my-kids-are-napping-and-I’m-going-to-enjoy-myself-while-I’m-blogging” treat!
The recipe started out as simply some raw milk, a bit of cocoa, some honey or raw sugar, and a bit of vanilla, whizzed up for a few seconds in the blender. Though this simple “chocolate milk” was wonderful, I wanted to make it even more fun. I began adding a bit of ice to it, as well as some Inka, which is an herbal instant coffee powder, available from most health food stores.
I finally tweaked the recipe to perfection after my friend posted her own blender coffee drink, and I used a few of her measurements. Now, it’s just oh-so-good and my hubby said I needed to post it!
- 1 to 1½ cups raw milk (you can susbtitute regular milk, but it helps to add at least a bit of cream)
- 1 heaping Tbsp raw cacao powder (again, substitute carob powder or cocoa powder)
- 1 tsp or more Inka powder (optional, but yummy- use 1½ cups milk with this option) or ½ cup cold brewed Teeccino (if I do this option, I use only 1 cup of milk/cream)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp raw sugar (Sucanat or Rapadura), or 1 heaping tsp raw honey, or 1 Tbsp equivalent of Stevia (with Sweet Leaf liquid stevia I would use about 8 drops)
- 5-6 ice cubes
- Blend and serve. Lovely, cold, frothy... mmmmm!
Does anyone else make their own iced blender coffees or special drinks? What’s your favorite drink to indulge in when it’s hot outside?