Inspired by a few great meals we’ve had lately, I just had to share these two recipes as my Kitchen Tip for today!
My darling hubby came up with this scrumptious and oh-so-simple recipe for quick, sauteed mushrooms (sorry, I had a picture, but it has disappeared into the vast unknown regions of my highly disorganized digital photos).
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Bragg's Liquid Aminos (or soy sauce, Tamari, etc.)
- Real maple syrup
- Wash and chop a pound of fresh mushrooms (we usually use button, but I bet other varieties would taste good as well)
- Add butter to a frying pan, and start sauteing the mushrooms on medium heat.
- When the mushrooms start to soften, add a good long squirt of Bragg's Liquid Aminos (or soy sauce, tamari, etc.) and a drizzle (maybe a tsp. or two?) of real maple syrup.
- Saute just a few moments longer, until the mushrooms are soft and fully cooked, and the smell is so unbelievably good that you just can't wait a minute longer to eat them! Mmm... my favorite way to eat mushrooms.
This is a simple, skeleton of a recipe that we eat often, especially in the summer. It’s great because there are many variations, but it is also quick, healthy and tasty.
- Organic corn chips (organic is important, because corn is almost always GMO as well as extremely sprayed)
- Ground beef (or turkey or chicken or even lamb), cooked with Mexican style spices, such as cumin, paprika, garlic, onion, chili pepper, etc.
- Cooked beans (such as pinto, kidney, black)
- Chopped Lettuce (romaine is nice, as it is so crisp)
- Salsa (if I don't have time to make this, I will just use diced tomatoes)
- Ripe avacados (or even better, turned into guacamole)
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
- Any other chopped veggies you'd like- mushrooms, peppers, onions, etc.
- Crumble a couple handfuls tortilla chips on individual plates
- Add cooked meat and/or beans
- Add lettuce and any other veggies
- Sprinkle with cheese
- Top with salsa, guac and sour cream
Not only does it taste amazing and fresh, it looks pretty too! This is such a kid friendly meal as well, with all the taco goodness in it, so no one will even notice that it’s a salad!