Good morning, all! I got this up a little later than usual, as I just couldn’t finish it by a decent time last night. Ryan and I are trying hard to be more disciplined in going to bed early, and I needed his encouragment to leave this post, finished or not, and just go to bed!
Monday: Ginger-lime chicken, rice (cooked in broth), salad (using random vegetables that need to be used up before I go shopping)
Tuesday: Spicy Lentil Pot (great vegetarian recipe) with homemade chapatis (Indian flat bread), both from More-With-Less Wednesday: Dinner at church event
Thursday: Soft tacos- sprouted corn tortillas, ground beef, lettuce, homemade salsa, sour cream and cheese
Friday: Breaded cod (Nourishing Traditions), Papas Chorreadas (also More with Less, recipe below)
Saturday: Dinner with friends- Moose ribs in crock pot with homemade BBQ sauce (still using up the moose my step-Dad brought me last time he visited- so good!), Butternut Squash with 12 cloves of garlic (recipe below) and Italian Salad (Nourishing Traditions)
Sunday: Spud Special Soup with sausage (basically a creamy, comfort food of a soup) to be made in the crockpot- my new method of cooking for Sunday dinners, so that it can truly be a restful day for me.
All right, here are the recipes. These are two of my favorite veggie side dishes!
- ½ cup onions, diced
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 5 tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup cream
- 1 tsp. cilantro
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- pinch of cumin
- ½ tsp. salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup grated cheese (any kind works)
- Fry in butter/oil: onions, green onions, and tomatoes.
- Turn down heat and add cream, cilantro, oregano, cumin and salt/pepper. Stir until combined.
- Add cheese.
- Pour sauce over boiled potatoes. I like to use a mixture of regular potatoes and sweet potatoes or yams. I chop them in larger chunks and boil til soft.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a 9x13 baking dish, combine oil, garlic and squash. Toss well and season to taste. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cover and cook for 10-15 minutes longer until the squash is golden brown on the bottom.
- Add the parsley and stir gently. Sprinkle with the cheese and return to the oven and bake for 10 minutes longer to brown the cheese.
Edit: This post was accidentally posted when it was half finished- my apologies! Not quite sure how that happened!